Are you finding some of the best talents are slipping through your fingers like sand?
If the answer is yes, the first step towards fixing this problem is realising and admitting that the issue may lie in your current hiring process and that it’s time to re-evaluate.
Why people may not want to work for you
There may be multiple reasons why you are missing out on the best talent. While you can say that there are infinite possible reasons candidates decide not to work for you, it ultimately comes down to whether you are willing to offer more of what people want.
Some common factors over the years have been pay and perks. But let’s face it - since COVID-19, the candidate mindset has changed. Post 2020, in this candidate-driven market, people are placing more importance on
Feeling a sense of belonging in the company.
Flexibility in working arrangements – Are you willing to offer hybrid/remote work options?
The length of the hiring process - If it’s too long, they will not wait and will happily move on to the next best opportunity.
Diversity within the company.
These are just a handful of the most common reasons we’ve discovered at DukeMed through conversations with candidates.
But whilst this is one side of the coin, on the flip side, the internal processes you implement can also play a significant role in why you may be missing out on some of the best talent. Let’s look at what we mean.
Your recruitment strategy is just as important as your offering.
Here’s a scenario – For so many years, you’ve been working with a recruiter (let’s call him John) who has been working hard to attract talent to deliver you qualified candidates, and many of them have been the best the industry has to offer. But, over the past couple of years, while John is still presenting you with qualified candidates, he seems to have dropped the ball on delivering the best quality talent you seek.
So, what’s gone wrong here? You might argue that this is because the candidate market has changed. And sure, a small percentage may be due to this factor. But when you look at the bigger picture, there are a few key reasons.
1. Attraction over selection -You’ll notice that while John has been focusing on attracting as much talent as possible, like bees to honey, he’s overlooked one key component – selection.
2. Multi-agency approach - When information is given through multiple sources, it becomes diluted and no longer remains authentic. A bit like Chinese whispers. By the time the information reaches the ears of the final recipient the core of the message is lost and becomes something else altogether. Similarly, approaching candidates through multiple agencies can result in poor impressions and wasted efforts.
3. Limited talent pool – It is important to note that every candidate is valuable as they may be suitable for future positions or can provide referrals. But the truth is, many of these get overlooked for reasons such as:
- A diluted talent pool.
- You may be avoiding headhunting from another company.
- You’re recruiting in the wrong places and targeting the general masses.
- You’re not approaching passive candidates (those who may not be actively looking for a job but, if approached, may consider the opportunity.
Whether these hindrances occur as a part of internal processes and strategies or the talent acquisition tactics used by your current recruitment agency(s), you no longer have to miss out on the best talent in the MedTech industry. At DukeMed, we have just the solution for you.
Start hiring the best talent today.
At DukeMed, our prime focus is talent selection. Therefore, before we begin our search, we sit down with you and have a thorough briefing session to understand the assignment, functional and behavioural competencies, and your Employee Value Proposition (EVP).
Once we clearly understand the search scope, we cast a wide net over the talent pool and meticulously identify every potential candidate across the geographical location who appears to possess the necessary skill set to meet the search criteria.
We work proactively to
Lower the risk of bad hires.
Find you the best candidate and not the fastest applicant.
Find candidates with the skill sets for those hard-to-hire positions.
Save you time and money.
Customise our approach to provide a relevant talent pool to select from.
The benefits don’t end here. So, if you’re curious to learn more about our unique selection process that guarantees top-quality candidates for your team, book a call with me today.